A Cowboy's Guide to Life by Texas Bix Bender
1. Don't squat with yer spurs on.
2. Never kick a fresh cow chip on a hot day.
3. There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works.
4. Don't worry about bitin off more than you can chew. Your mouth is probably a whole lot bigger'n you think.
5. If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
6. Never ask a man the size of his spread.
7. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral of the story: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
8. If you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
9. Never smack a man who's chewin' tobacco.
10. It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
11. Never ask a barber if he thinks you need a haircut.
12. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
13. Always drink upstream from the herd.
14. Never drop your gun to hug a grizzly.
15. If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
16. When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.
17. When your're throwin' your weight around, be ready to have it thrown around by someone else.
18. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
19. Always take a good look at what your're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was.
20. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
21. Never miss a good chance to shut up.